What is a bereavement doula?
My role as bereavement doula is to support families who are experiencing the loss of their baby, whether through miscarriage, stillbirth, or a terminal diagnosis.
I support families during birth in any trimester and with any outcome. No matter the diagnosis or age of your baby, it is your baby, and I would be honored to walk beside you and bear witness to your child’s life.
I will help you prepare for the birth, support you during labor, and help you welcome your baby with dignity. I can give you resources and ideas for how you can make the most of your time with your baby and how you can make memories and keepsakes that you can hold onto when your baby is gone.
If you have just found out that you are experiencing a loss and would like someone to walk beside you, please feel free to call me. Even on short notice, if I am available I would be honored to help you through this.
During pregnancy I can:
- Come to appointments with you
- Make a Birth Plan and Farewell Plan with you
- Arrange for a birth photographer
- Setup a chore/meal plan for family and friends to offer practical support
During labor/birth I can:
- Offer physical and emotional support during labor
- Regulate visitors
- Help you make memories and keepsakes (handprints/footprints, pictures, etc)
Postpartum I can:
- Find a Rückbildung (pelvic floor strengthening) course for you to take with other mothers who have lost their babies
- Accompany you to your postpartum checkup
- Bring meals/snacks
- Arrange a Farewell for your baby
- Go on a walk or play with older siblings
- Help you navigate what arrangements need to be made and which forms need to be filled out
Also see my resource list for families who are facing a miscarriage or stillbirth.
- Two prenatal visits, either in person or virtual
- Available via text/email/phone throughout your pregnancy
- On-call 24/7 from two weeks before your due date until your baby arrives, to be at your side during labor and delivery
- 3 postpartum visits
- Resources and practical support as needed
In support of those going through this difficult journey, I offer my services at a discounted rate. Still, if money is a barrier, please get in touch to discuss alternative arrangements. A wide range of support options is available, depending on your needs.
Family members and friends wishing to donate to help you cover the cost of my services may do so here:
There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
At this time I am able to attend births within Canton Zürich and make in-person visits to those within a 30 minutes radius of Zürich City. Virtual meetings are an option for those outside my service area.